The term ambigram coined by Omni magazine, refers to certain words and designs that read the same upside down. Don’t confuse them with Palindromes, which are words that read the same backwards; like Madam.

Here is a decorative example by typeographer John Langdon, which spells the word “ambiguity.” Click on the image and flip it upside down. Now you see…the same word!